Sunday 18 October 2009

You Cried Wolf...


Another week, slightly uneventful, marred by illness - essentially the usual. I have read the whole of Ralph Ellison's 'Invisible Man' (just to note, I much preferred Jack Kerouac's 'On the Road'), Paradise Lost and Freud's 'The Uncanny'. O joy! Particularly disappointing considering I missed my seminars on Thursday due to some form of toxic throat.

Saw Bat for Lashes at the union last night, she was incredible. She has this hard to describe, otherworldly & ethereal voice which translates really well live. I especially liked that she changed the instrumentation slightly on some of the songs, it worked really well and livened up the set. Also, during the encore, she brought out a TV screen and dueted with a video of herself for 'The Big Sleep'. Lovely...

I am making the long, arduous trip home on Thursday for the weekend, as I am feeling like I need a small break for a few days. It may also allow me to get some proper reading done and being to work on my assignments will be a bonus. Having said that, I will probably end up down the manor as I know my home friends will want to see me.

I have a few gigs planned for the next couple of weeks, (Portugal. the man, fall of troy & muse). Fall of Troy is going to be abit hit and miss though, as me and Alex can't decide whether to go to Manchester or Leeds and it all depends on my bank balance/whether I am caught up on Uni work. I would have some interesting pictures of my escapades to put up, but Sarah has not uploaded them yet, so no luck there.

I have also discovered that when Alex goes home for a few days in Reading week he will need me to cover his slot on FORGE radio, so this will be exciting, but if I am to make myself tolerable I will have to work on the shrillness of my voice.


p.s. I bought a lace dress last week, kind of like this (except I definitely do not look like this in it, more like an overstuffed sausage)

No comments: